Monday, March 1, 2010

Crostini with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Feta

For Andy's birthday, he loves this Stuffed Rack of Lamb and I have been making it the past several years. I have found that there is always a bit of extra stuffing and it kills me to throw it out. This year, I decided to make it into a little snack. It was so yummy and I can't wait to make it just as an appetizer for a party.

Crostini with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Feta
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
1/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
1 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
2 T. olive oil, divided
12-18 slices of baguette

Mix feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, parsley, pepper and 1 T. olive oil. Brush one side of baguette with remaining olive oil and lay flat on cookie sheet. Heat under broiler until lightly browned. Remove cookie sheet from oven and turn over bread slices. Top the uncooked side of bread with feta mixture and return to broiler until cheese is slightly browned.

2 comments:

The Royals said...

Sun-dried tomatoes and feta...yummmmmmm!

The Royals said...

I made them last week. They were really good. I decided to salt it but it wasn't necessary.