Friday, March 20, 2009

Black Bottom Banana Bars



½ C. butter or margarine
1 egg
1 t. vanilla extract
1½ C. mashed ripe bananas (about 3* medium)
1½ C. flour
1 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
½ t. salt
¼ C. baking cocoa

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla extract; beat until thoroughly combined. Blend in the bananas.

Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Divide batter in half. Add cocoa to half; spread into a greased 13x9 baking pan. Spoon remaining batter on top and swirl with a knife. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until the bars test done.

Taste even better the day after, and the next and the next!

*I use extra bananas; bake a little longer

1 comment:

Alison Bello said...

I just made banana bread and here I wait, only to turn to your blog that has a recipe for "black bottom banana bars". What was I thinking? I love bananas, but they always get ripe and cause me to make banana bread. --mmmm-- I'll keep your recipe in mind for next time! --Alison